Sunday, November 8, 2009

Google Docs and Zamzar

I have been using Google Docs for most of this year after being shown the benefits by a work mate. Found the docs extremely useful when I'd work on a document from home and then be able to access it from work or wherever I happened to be. Something else we did was use it as a quick way to collaborate on a document together if some staff were working in different locations. Since then also discovered etherpad that gives you the freedom to chat on the sidebar as well.

Zamzar is great and I have now added it to my favourites. We are asked so often (or given documents in the wrong format) and up until now have struggled changing them. I wish I'd known about this last year when my kids were forever wanting to change formats etc. so they would be able to present things in class!! Hopefully we will look smart next time someone comes to the library wanting to open a document and we can actually do it.=!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment